Questions about love are always top of the most requested readings for any professional tarot reader. Very often, the client wants a quick yes or no answer regarding a new love interest. So here are the answers, straight from the cards, to the question: is this love?
Is This Love? One Card Holds the Answer
Tip 1: draw one card only. It’s not a good idea to keep drawing cards if you don’t like the answer, you’ll just get confused. The exception to this is if the Wheel of Fortune turns up.
Tip 2: You can use automated free readings if you don’t have your own deck of tarot cards. Just bookmark this page so you can return for the interpretation. You can grab a free one-card love reading right here.
What the Major Arcana Say About Love
- Fool — I haven’t a clue, but I’m willing to have fun finding out.
- Magician — If I want this to be love, it will be so.
- High Priestess — Look deep into your heart. I feel the love, don’t you?
- Empress — Love, lust, who cares? Let’s see what blossoms between us.
- Emperor — Love? Hmm… Is he suitable as a marriage prospect? Has he got a good family?
- Hierophant — If you are unsure, seek guidance. Many people have experience that can help you. Just ask them.
- Lovers — Yes, of course it is. We are two sides of the same coin. We may even be twin flames,
- Chariot — Steady there, you might be rushing it. Rein back, take it easy.
- Strength — It’s love from the heart, dear one. Allow yourself to trust.
- Hermit — To fully love another, one must love oneself first, don’t you agree?
- Wheel of Fortune — Yes. No. Maybe. Anything could happen. Draw another card.
- Justice — Your partner may have previous relationship issues to deal with before s/he can commit.
- Hanged Man — Is This Love? Not sure, I’m just hanging around to see what happens.
- Death — I can see new beginnings for us. Come close, let me kiss you.
- Temperance — The chemistry between us is just perfect.
- Devil — Let’s dance. We only have one life, do whatever you want.
- Tower — It’s doomed.
- Star — We are spiritual beings looking to spread peace and love. Let’s start with each other.
- Moon — It’s confusing, isn’t it? Sometimes it feels right and at other times, well… let’s go with our feelings.
- Sun — It’s love. I just want to hug you. You make me smile.
- Judgment — We’ve met before in another life. You are my destiny.
- World — We’re in the right place at the right time. Let’s live in the moment.
The Suit of Wands: Passionate About Love
- Ace of Wands — Passion, lust, love affair. It might not last long, but it’s fun.
- Two of Wands — I know what I want, it just hasn’t happened for me yet.
- Three of Wands — I’m in it for the long term.
- Four of Wands — Joy, celebration, possibly marriage.
- Five of Wands — I quite like you, but there seems to be competition for your attention.
- Six of Wands — You have other things on your mind. I’ll wait till you notice me.
- Seven of Wands — I love you and I’m willing to do whatever it takes.
- Eight of Wands — Whoa! Where did this feeling come from? I think I’m falling for you.
- Nine of Wands — I’m not ready to trust anyone yet. I’m pretty beat up at the moment.
- Ten of Wands — I know where we’re headed. It will be worth the struggle, won’t it?
- Page of Wands — Life’s an adventure. Do you want to come with me?
- Knight of Wands — Hey, baby, wanna have a little fun? Commitment? No thanks.
- Queen of Wands — I love you, but don’t expect me to be faithful forever.
- King of Wands — I love you, I’m passionate for you, but I’m a little busy ruling the Kingdom right now.
Is This Love? The Suit of Cups Offers Love Answers
- Ace of Cups — Love is everywhere. My heart is full.
- Two of Cups — I think you are really special.
- Three of Cups — Friendship is more important than romance at this time. Let’s party.
- Four of Cups — I’m not looking for love. There is no love for me. Nobody cares.
- Five of Cups — I have a broken heart. Can you help me fix it?
- Six of Cups — I give you the gift of my heart and my trust.
- Seven of Cups — I don’t know, I can’t decide. I think I’ll wait and see.
- Eight of Cups — It was love, but I must leave it. My path lies in a different direction.
- Nine of Cups — It’s love and it’s wonderful.
- Ten of Cups — There could be a loving future for us.
- Page of Cups — I’m too young to fall in love. It’s nice to think about it though.
- Knight of Cups — I love love. I am love. I am your perfect lover. Until I get bored.
- Queen of Cups — You can share your feelings with me. I’m always here for you.
- King of Cups — I’ll be your safe place, your harbor, your rock. Pass me a drink.
The Suit of Swords Cuts Through to The Truth
- Ace of Swords — This might be a meeting of minds. A flash of connected insight.
- Two of Swords — I don’t want to fall in love. I don’t want anything. Leave me alone.
- Three of Swords — I’m confused and unsure. I have baggage. Love hurts.
- Four of Swords — No love for me. I need to recover from my previous relationship.
- Five of Swords — I’m just pretending to love you.
- Six of Swords — I could love again, but it will take some time.
- Seven of Swords — Love? What’s love got to do with it?
- Eight of Swords — I feel trapped in this relationship. I don’t know what to do.
- Nine of Swords — I’m in a mess, relationship-wise. It’s a nightmare.
- Ten of Swords — It’s over. Can I get my ex back?
- Page of Swords — People who fall in love are just stupid.
- Knight of Swords — Haven’t. Got. Time. For. Love.
- Queen of Swords — We really need to set our emotions aside and make a decision based on logic.
- King of Swords — I might look like the consummate professional, but underneath beats a loving heart.
The Suit of Pentacles: Always Practical in Matters of the Heart
- Ace of Pentacles — This could be the beginning of something significant.
- Two of Pentacles — I want romance, I really do. Trouble is there’s so much to deal with right now.
- Three of Pentacles — I’m focussed on my career. Love must wait.
- Four of Pentacles — I feel insecure and apart from my feelings. I look to outside sources for reassurance.
- Five of Pentacles — Love will keep us warm, won’t it?
- Six of Pentacles — We all deserve love and sustenance. I can only do what I can do.
- Seven of Pentacles — Love is out there somewhere. If only I could find it.
- Eight of Pentacles — If I fell in love, I would make it the best relationship that I could.
- Nine of Pentacles — Like the Hermit says, sweetie, love yourself first. Then your lover will find you.
- Ten of Pentacles — Love, home, family, they are the most important things in the world.
- Page of Pentacles — I like to examine all aspects of life, including love. Don’t know if I am ready yet.
- Knight of Pentacles — Ah… you don’t know me at all. I am loyal, loving, steadfast. You could do a lot worse.
- Queen of Pentacles — I love you. Look I’ve made cookies.
- King of Pentacles — Business first, but later let’s canoodle. I know a really good restaurant.