You thought you would be together forever. He (or she) was the love of your life, and then he left. Your world fell apart, and you felt dead inside. It happened a few months ago, and your friends told you that you would heal, that you’d feel better when some time passed. Except you don’t. Every day you wake up, and the wounds are as raw as ever. All you can think about is how to get your ex back into your life.
Your friends are sympathetic, but you know you can’t keep boring them about this emptiness inside you, so you put on your acting face and pretend to go along with things like your old self. Deep in your heart, you are crying. You can’t go on like this. It’s time to take some action.
How can tarot help with dealing with a broken love affair? It depends on whether the break-up is final, or whether your ex still has feelings for you and there is some reason he or she can’t or won’t contact you. Here are some quick and easy tarot spreads to clarify your ex-lover issue.
Why Did We Break Up?
This four-card spread is designed to get down to the essence of why you split up in the first place. You might think it was one thing when, in fact, it could have been a completely different reason. If it was something about you or your past, you need to know so you can make changes before embarking on any new relationship, or attempt to revive the old one.
Shuffle your deck, make sure that you turn at least a third of the cards so that some reversals show up. Lay first two cards down, one and then two just below. Put the other two cards to the right of them.
1. What I brought to the relationship?
2. What he brought to the relationship?
3. Where did it go wrong?
4. What lesson do I need to learn?
Quickie example reading:
- Card one – King of Wands. The seeker felt inspired and uplifted by the relationship, and his/her natural leadership came to the fore.
- Card two – The Chariot. The seeker’s partner wanted to take control and drive the relationship in his or her preferred direction.
- Card three – Six of Cups, reversed. There was a difference of ideas about where the relationship should go. Possibly one envisaged family and children. It’s likely that one of the couple was fixated on the other’s past.
- Card four – Eight of Cups. This relationship is probably irreconcilable. It will be a tough path, but the seeker must walk it alone for the time being.
Conclusion: This may have been a case of two strong personalities, each with clear ideas what they wanted from a relationship. Unfortunately, their differences mean that the relationship came to a standstill. As difficult as it is, the seeker will have to learn acceptance and to let go of the past. A better future lies ahead.
Could We Get Back Together Tarot Spread
This three-card spread can tell you whether there is hope of rekindling the romance and moving forward toward a long-term relationship.
Shuffle your cards and lay out three in a row.
1. Where are we now?
2. Challenges we can face together?
- Card one – Temperance, reversed. It appears that there is hope for this relationship. Reversed Temperance in the present position means an emotional unbalance. However, this is still a positive card.
- Card two – Knight of Cups. This couple needs to go all out for romance. They have to start courting again by taking it right back to the beginning.
- Card three – Nine of Cups. This card shows that if they take it step-by-step, they can achieve mutual emotional fulfillment, and, yes, a long term relationship.
Conclusion: The seeker and her ex need to push the ‘reset’ button. Wipe out all the recent negativity and start again. They should learn from their mistakes and look forward to a happy future.
How Can I Get My Ex Back Tarot Spread
This two-card reading shows your challenge in getting your lover back and how you can overcome it. Shuffle and lay down your cards like the center two cards in the Celtic Cross.
1. My challenge
2. My solution
- Card one – The Lovers. This card in a challenge position could mean that one of the parties has to make a choice between two possible partners. If it is the seeker’s ex, then the seeker has to do all he or she can to make sure they are the one.
- Card two – The Page of Pentacles tells the seeker she might need to take some practical steps, such as make adjustments to her appearance or the way she presents herself to the world. It also advises her to cultivate an inquiring attitude. Think like the Page of Pentacles: be quietly confident, observant, and hold your body straight and tall.
Conclusion: The outcome of this situation depends on the seeker giving it a lot of honest and objective thought. Is her ex worth fighting for (in a metaphorical sense) or should she act with dignity? It’s possible to do both. She should behave with maturity and coolness. Her ex will find her enigmatic personality irresistible.
Ex-lover Tarot Spell
If all else fails, try this simple tarot spell.
Step 1. Find a single bloom of a favorite flower, perhaps a rose or even a humble daisy. The flower represents your heart. Select from the tarot deck, the Two of Cups, Strength and the World. Place them down in that order before you.
Step 2. Lay the flower on the the Two of Cups and speak or think the words, “I desire that XXX (your ex-lover’s name) and I be as one again.” Feel love well up inside your being. Hold the feeling for a minute or two.
Step 3. Move the flower to Strength. Speak or think the words, “I know (emphasize the word ‘know’) that my desire can manifest.” Feel this certainty within you. Hold the feeling for a short while.
Step 4. Move the flower to the World and say, “As I desire, it must be so. It is complete.” Do your best to get hold of the feeling of love and the feeling of certainty at the same time. Hold for a minute or so and let it go. Breathe deeply and relax. Place the bloom in an appropriate container of water and when it has wilted and died, bury it somewhere with certainty that your love will return.
You must understand that this magic can only work if your lover is of the same mind as you. You cannot force someone to change their thoughts or actions. It would be unethical to try to do so, and the relationship would eventually fail.
If he or she would be happy to rekindle your relationship, then this little spell will work for you. Whenever you think of your ex, allow that love/certainty feeling to flow through you. Then relax and let the Universe make it happen.
The deck used for these spreads is the Universal Waite Tarot recolored by Mary Hanson-Roberts